Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May Update

My house has become twice as crowded in the past 2 days, with a new guy and a new girl moving in. The guy is from Philly, the girl is from France. They both seem nice, but for the past month or so it has just been me and Augustin, and we never had any problems, so it is a little disappointing to lose some of that personal space and freedom. On the other hand, it is a good opportunity to meet more people, and speak more Spanish, so I´m down for that cause.

My computer broke, I don´t know if I have mentioned that on here or not, but that is part of the reason I haven´t been online as much recently.

Dad and Sue are coming down this week, and I´m pumped. After somewhere around 6-7 months down here, all told, it is going to be cool to have some family to hang out with. RJ counts, of course, but he doesn´t buy me food, so it´s slightly different. We (and by we I mean my Dad) have rented an awesome apartment in my favorite part of town, and it has an outdoor grill -- Argentine cook-outs are seriously the best in the world, and I really look forward to having my brother, my Dad, Sue, and a couple of our friends from down here, drink some Malbec, chill, and eat a bunch of meat. I can´t think of many ways I´d rather spend a night.

3 midterms down, 1 to go. 2 went well, 1 felt like a first date with a linebacker -- and he wasn´t a gentleman.

I stole that quote from one of my idols, a guy I know from work, but it fits.

When my Dad is here we will be going to Montevideo as well, which means I get to meet RJ´s crew of friends, and, more importantly, I get to eat a chivito, the completely-loaded-with-good-stuff steak sandwich that the Uruguayans are known for.

Final random note: I plan on going to New Orleans to celebrate my 21st birthday when I get back, and I can´t decide where I want to eat, but I´ve been spending way too much time thinking about it. Favorites are Emeril´s Delmonico, because it´s Emeril´s, and that is supposed to be his ´nicest´ place; NOLA, because I always love it; Restaurant August, because John Besh is a bad ass and I´ve never been to one of his restaurants; and Cochon, because I hear great things, and if you look at the menu you will salivate.

I´m rambling. Take care, y´all,

Miguel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

miguel,

can't wait to buy you food!!

I recommed Besh's August.. great ambience to go w the food.