Anyways, I am going to post an image that I found that was put together by a bunch of political scientists who study corruption. Judging from how dark Argentina is, it is probably accurate. My globalization teacher constantly talks about how the U.S. is less corrupt than Western Europe, which is much less corrupt than South America. I think this is interesting to keep in mind when you hear people whining about U.S. current events -- people are going to take advantage of what they can, everywhere in the world, but the U.S. seems to do a pretty good job of controlling it, instead of more or less encouraging it, like Argentina seems to. Our teacher uses this example: if you get pulled over for speeding here, you pull out a 20 dollar bill and drive off. If you get pulled over in the U.S. you pull out a 20 dollar bill and drive off ... in handcuffs, in the back of a cop car, for trying to make a bribe.
No comments:
Post a Comment