Friday, April 17, 2009

Checking In

Has it really been over two weeks since I last wrote? Woah, hard to believe.

I haven't done anything on par with RJ's trip, but a few things have changed lately.

First of all, my precocious brother and sister decided to follow in their big brothers' footsteps and join the blogging world. While I can't necessarily endorse either of their views (""now as a mississippian I have seen first hand people take capitolism to a whole new level, even to the point of extreme or even beyond facism but there is a point were you have to agree with me and i do not see why everyone does not agree with what i previously wrote."/ "i guess some poeple are just born to be dramatic, and others just aren't"), I can pass on the links to their pages.

sister: spotlightonthedramaqueen.blogspot.com
brother: marchelephant.blogspot.com

Ah, good stuff. As for me, a few recent changes in my life: I finally bought my own mate, which I drank for about 3 hours straight the first night it was ready. Mate is a kind of tea that is extremely popular in this little corner of the world, and while it only has about half as much caffeine as coffee, I hear it has some other stimulants as well. All I know is that I felt absolutely wired, and I haven't drank that much in one sitting again, although it did help me knock out more school work than I have in a while.

On another note, a guitar turned up in the house today, so I've really been enjoying that. It's an old, fragile piece of crap, but the nylon strings give it a really warm sound and make it really easy to play. I'm lovin' it.

Dad is coming down in under a month, which is really exciting. I haven't even gone out in a week or two, but my justification is that I am going to ball in the next few weeks -- my Debit card debacle should be sorted out by Monday, and I plan on using my soon-to-be-accessible cash flow to get out of Buenos Aires for a couple of weekends. Pictures, and updates, to follow, of course.

I've also been playing a lot of online chess. I think rocking out to some jazz/Dave/"Creep" by Stone Temple Pilots/Beatles/Mogwai/etc., nursing a mate, destroying people in online chess, and taking it unbelievably easy may be the secret to happiness. I have 2 months and a couple days left here, and I think they are going to fly by.

I'll put something substantive up here eventually. Until then, I'm still alive and kicking,

Miguel

1 comment:

ceililove said...

sounds like a good life. and are you attending school as well?