Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thoughts

I went to the Zoo today. I felt a little out of place, because it was me, the big American; a bunch of small, leather-skinned Grandmothers; lots of young parents; and tons of tons of small children. And of course the animals (lions, tigers, and bears, oh my.)

I think Argentine children are the cutest children in the world. The Zoo wasn't that impressive, but it was funny to see how excited kids can get over the smallest things ... they would yell just because the lion moved (MAMA! SE LEVANTO!) or because a carp decided to swim near the surface of the murky, nasty water (oh! Un pez enorme! "It's a huge fish!") That was awesome to see.

The Zoo was also cool to see from a 'grown-up' perspective. I haven't been to a Zoo in years, but as a child you just except things the way they are. A camel is cool, but probably more because you haven't ever seen one outside of Aladdin than because you look at it and think: "How in the hell did that thing evolve, and why does this guy have more humps than that one?" The camels also, unfortunately, reminded me of a Fergie song, but I won't hold that against them.

Click on the picture to see it all:



Having Skype has definitely cut into my blog time, but I'll try my best to keep posting new stuff. I haven't done too much touristy picture-taking stuff, but one of the other recent highlights was going to a jazz bar a couple of weeks ago. Live jazz. Awesome.


I've been eating a steady diet of steak and pizza, close to 1 of each a day, because they are both cheap and easy. Eggs and milk have filled out the diet.


I found something not quite as bad as the previously mentioned Barfy, but it may be from the same company: Faty. It's also some form of frozen patty. I'm not making this up -- I'll take pictures if I have my camera with me next time I go..


We turned back the clocks today, so now I'm only 1 hour ahead of Boston, 2 hours ahead of Gulfport/Oxford. I may be going to see RJ in a couple of weeks to try to catch the tail-end of beach season. We'll see.


Take care guys,


Mike

No comments: