Monday, September 1, 2008

Technical Difficulties

First off, I hope everyone is doing well back home. I´m glad to see the Rebels won, and worried to see that Hurricane Gustav(o) is bearing down on the Coast, but from what I´ve heard this storm is going to hit Lousiana harder than Mississippi. Tough break for them, but it´ll help me sleep a little easier tonight.

I did some cool things this weekend, but most of them would seem a lot cooler if I had pictures. Unfortunately, I am experiencing ¨technical difficulties¨. Hopefully I´ll find a way to resolve them and retrieve the pictures, but until then you are going to have to look at the ones I pulled off of the ´net.

I went to the MALBA, a Modern Art museum, and by far the coolest art museum I have been too. They had some really neat stuff, including a series of photographs of a man dramatically posing as if he were getting shot, with the bullet-holes going through the actual glass and the photograph, and a sculpture with a little fish living in it, titled ¨Fish Habitat¨.
They had a few famous artists I recognized -- Frida Kahlo, and the Colombian guy that paints really rotund people. No photos at all were allowed. But I am sneaky. I got a few cool pictures that hopefully I´ll be able to share. Here are a few I pilfered from the net. Note: the picture attached is not the bullet riddled one I mentioned. Shooting stuff must be artsy down here. I dig it.




I also went to a famous old neighborhood I hadn´t seen yet and saw some folks doing the tango in a beautiful square on a beautiful night. The weather has been great lately ... in the seventies, I think. The neighborhood seemed almost New Orleanian, if that´s a word, with older architecture, smaller, colorful buildings, and a charming grittiness. I have to run to soccer right now, so I´m going to paste in a picture that doesn´t really adequately show the neighborhood.

If all goes well the pictures will be up in a day or two.

No comments: