There is a lot to see.
I am tentatively planning on taking a week off of school right after midterms and taking a few bus rides around the hemisphere. I want to go to Mendoza (¨the land of sun and wine¨) and the Lake District, which is just above Patagonia, at the feet of the Andes.
I have talked to RJ to try to get him to join me in my journey, and the tentative outline was taking a bus to Mendoza and spending a day or two looking at some grapes and mountains.
And then going down to San Martin de Los Andes, one of Che Guevara´s favorite cities on his famous motorcycle trip. It´s a beautiful lakeside down with a lot of cool stuff to see, and a nearby park, with Volcano. Itinerary: A day in the city and a day hiking around the volcano.
City:And then, into Bariloche, northern Patagonia, a famous Argentine getaway that was originally settled by Germans and Austrians. It´s mostly a ski resort now, but has a lot of really cool stuff, and I would like to do some white water rafting there before coming home.
In a couple of weeks I will reassess my funds and schedule, and try to talk RJ into joining me on this trek.
¨The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."— Chris McCandless
No comments:
Post a Comment