Or not. We got to the boliche where the party was supposed to be, Mike 1´s Argentine friend called up someone, and we all found out that he told us the wrong day, and that the party was scheduled for Saturday. It was already about 1:30 or 2:00, perfect time to watch some sports action live from China, so we went to a bar with a projector playing the game, and saw Argentina win the gold in soccer.
On Sunday I went to a fair in Recoleta with one of the other roomates. That was fun, but the key part happened when we left to go get a late lunch afterwards. Recoleta is a really nice part of town with a lot of cool places with outdoor seating. I have been before, but had never realized that the main strip outside the Cemetary is a lot longer than I realized. It turns out that Buller Pub, a pretty cool place I read about last semester in Oxford when looking online for pretty cool places, is on this strip, and so we accidentally found it and sat down to eat. Buller Pub is not just a pub, but also a brewery with 6 unique brews: a traditional lager, a dark stout, and an IPA, as well as their ¨special ones¨, the Honey Beer, Heffeweissen, and October Fest. For about 7 bucks you could get a sampler with 100cc of each, so we sat down and enjoyed our tasting along with some phenomenal onion rings and the best Tex-Mex (a heaping portion of mixed fajitas) that I have encountered in South America.
The presentation of the onion rings was unbelievably enticing. When I walked in I saw a wooden contraption, basically a stand with an arm, rising defiantly above all of the other food on its table. And on this arm were many big, fat, greasy, golden rings. So I ordered them. Obviously everyone else saw the same glorious stand, because by the time we left there were 5 or 6 orders of onion rings in our section, and all the tables without them were kicking themselves for passing on such a tasty treat.
Spring is definitely getting closer here, and we have already made plans to go back for a pitcher or two when the weather gets warm. We stopped in for some ice cream on the way home, and it was, all in all, a Sunday afternoon very well spent.
1 comment:
Do you ever eat at home?
Post a Comment